[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Hal-Con 2010
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Hal-Con 2010

Talk about kigurumi news, findings, interesting stuff or gossip about anything you want to talk about but couldn't find a place to~
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby Kari Von Gorinchem » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Appearently there has been a sci-fi/fantasy/anime/comic/gaming convention in Halifax Nova Scotia since the 1970's.
The next one is October 29-31st 2010.

All info regarding the Hal-Con can be found here,
Duchess of Higher TechnologyImage
Kari Von Gorinchem
KCS Duchess of Higher Technology

Cash on hand: 2,103.83
Bank: 7,557.76
Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 pm
Canada

Postby misskiki » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:02 am

Hee hee. A HALifax convention, on the HALloween weekend. How fun.

Actually this bears some looking into. This is NOT an ongoing convention, but looks like a new group reviving an old Name, for it's Reputational value.

Although advertised as a not-for -profit ie fan run event, the proposed schedule bears a lot of resemblance to the so called "Gate cons" where programming is repeated each day with the same guests giving the same lectures, over and over. So far there has been no mention of ongoing activities that you would normally expect at a Science fiction convention, like a Hospitality suite for the attendees. Workshops being run by the exhibitors, a Masquerade competition, etc.

We shall have to see how things go, as time progresses. Aiming for 3,000 plus attendance, is a big goal at a weekend pass price of $45. pre reg. Unless they are counting one day sales in that figure. ( And it sure looks like their pricing schedule is geared for the Attendee who's only coming for one day.

I admit their website information is 3 months out of date, but the vendors don't seem to include anything specifically Anime, unless you'd count the Comics shops.

All in all I think I'll wait till closer to the event, and see how they update their website, and the chats on the forums go, before I buy a plane ticket.

Kiki
misskiki
Tengen Toppa Kig
Tengen Toppa Kig
Progress to next rank:
45%

Cash on hand: 346.71
Bank: 57,072.70
Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 am
Canada

Postby Kari Von Gorinchem » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:11 am

I admit I never seen it before, but I think if it goes good they might continue it, as the other martime provinces are getting ads from it as well.

I am in saskatoon now working, but I go to school and live in halifax, so when I get back ill try to dig up some more info.
Duchess of Higher TechnologyImage
Kari Von Gorinchem

Cash on hand: 2,103.83
Bank: 7,557.76
Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 pm
Canada

Return to Kigurumi chatter (News, old stuff or plain gossip~^_^)