[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Is it legal to kig where you live?
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Is it legal to kig where you live?

Welcome to my forums, please remember to comment. Your feedback and encouragements mean a lot to everyone. New members, there are some guidelines to help you in the announcements inside. Thank you~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby Marico Kou » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 am

I live in France, and for a few years, there have been laws that forbid you to conceal your face in public. That means no zentai, no bavaclava, no fursuit, no kig.

Apparently, it is possible to do it in specific occasions such as festivals, artistic movements... but this is vague. Aren't cons more or less public? Doing a photoshoot in a random outside place, like I see many of you guys do, is it risky?

I know there are not many kigs in France at all (the few I know of have been upset about the laws - they still showed up at a con, but I don't know if they had trouble doing that).

I'd love to kig publically, but I'm afraid to get into legal trouble, to be forced to unmask, which would be more than a little awkward! (I'm no evildoer, I promise!)

How about you? In your country, city or state? It'd be interesting to know.
Marico Kou
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 590.26
Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:08 am
France

Postby mimic » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:10 am

Judging by the artikel on wikipedia I just read, there seems to be no law in the netherlands that forbis us from concealing our face. For as far as I know you could just come here and kig in public, which is pretty awesome. I am not 100 percent certain though.

Sorry you can't go out on the streets in france, they tried to get that same law in our system, but as far as I know that fell flat on its face.

Edit: Can't find any good data, its all dated, all sources are from 2011, when it was a trending topic. The only recent source(22.5.2015) tells me its only illigal to wear face concealing clothing in public-transport, schools, gouverment buildings and hospitals.
"The creature took on the host's appearance, abilities, everything. It sucks everything dry. Can you not see that if a mimic such as this were to infiltrate a population, it could replicate almost indefinitely!"
mimic
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
16%

Cash on hand: 2,388.95
Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 am
Netherlands

Postby BritKig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 am

I would put it down more to how tolerant your country is towards things that originate from another country, not just the laws. Religious headwear was a subject of debate a few years back, but one cannot say that animegao would get the same evil eye.

I live in England and I would say it's a case for me of it being impossible to tell how people will react and how judgemental they are. Though unconnected, disability discrimination and "being different" has been a serious problem and that alone shows the worst of my country.

Because I still live with my parents (due to a housing crisis), I'm using a lockable vinyl media flight case to hold everything. I've just started piecing my kit out by slowly moving small chunks of money from my bank account into a PayPal one. I already have my breast forms so far.

BritKig
Platinum Kig
Platinum Kig
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 18.89
Bank: 241.56
Great Britain

Postby cloud » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 am

Well, I can say that where I live I am ok, can kig out in public without getting in trouble from the law, can't say the same about the locals though so a handler is still advised ;)

As for France, their is quite a few kigs their now, and they do go of to cons and have no issues that all from what I understand. When I last visited them we did kig in public and didn't have any large issues, had police walk past at one point and they didn't tell us of at all, only issue we had was the security for a shopping center was starting to worry about the large crowed we gathered ;)

So yes, that is the law but it is not all that strict from what I can tell. Think it is more used as a law to stop people who look like they might do bad things more than anything else, so is only applied when they want to.
Image Float up among the clouds, high in the sky where we can all be together as one in perfect harmony. Image
cloud
Platinum Kig
Platinum Kig
Progress to next rank:
40%

Cash on hand: 118.47
Bank: 4,500.00
Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 am
Great Britain

Postby fuusen fuusen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:32 am

lambda user
fuusen fuusen
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
60%

Cash on hand: 62.48
Bank: 606.36
Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:38 pm
France

Postby Marico Kou » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi! It's great to meet another French kigger here!

Thank you for reassuring me! :D

So, at least I know I wouldn't be in too much awkward trouble if I did that.

Now, I would prefer to not kig on my own. Need to find others, since l'union fait la force. (just in case things get ugly)
Marico Kou
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 590.26
France

Return to Anything goes section (START HERE)