[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Anime Kao Cosplay / Animegao Kigurumi
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Anime Kao Cosplay / Animegao Kigurumi

Welcome to my forums, please remember to comment. Your feedback and encouragements mean a lot to everyone. New members, there are some guidelines to help you in the announcements inside. Thank you~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby misskiki » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:38 am

I was wondering. Is there a difference, or are they just different names for the same activity?

Miss Kiki
misskiki
Tengen Toppa Kig
Tengen Toppa Kig
Progress to next rank:
45%

Cash on hand: 346.71
Bank: 57,072.70
Local time: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Canada

Postby RinRin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 pm

I believe it's the same thing. Japanese is an odd language.

How to explain... Sometimes when putting words together, they change.
When you put the symbols for flower(
Last edited by RinRin on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Trade and Education
RinRin
Super Dollfie Kig
Super Dollfie Kig
Progress to next rank:
43%

Cash on hand: 5,928.94
Bank: 883.00
Local time: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 pm
United States of America

Postby Wyu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:04 pm

pummi is right, they mean the same thing.
Just that the right way of calling it could be in the following ways:
Anime Kao cosplay
Animegao cosplay
kigurumi cosplay
kigurumi

Since Animegao is already Kigurumi cosplay, I would not say "Animegao kigurumi" thats all.
Wyu
KCS Marrionette Dreamweaver

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 pm
Singapore

Postby RinRin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:07 pm

I think it would be normal to say "animegao kigurumi". Mainly because there are many types of kigurumi, like mascots and animals. so you would say "animegao kigurumi" to say you are doing the anime face type of kigurumi.
RinRin
Super Dollfie Kig
Super Dollfie Kig
Progress to next rank:
43%

United States of America

Postby Wyu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm

oh hehe yeap... thats so true.
That'll be a very long name, i think ill just call it at anigao cosplay or kigurumi cosplay, i think anigao kigurumi is also used ^_^
Wyu

Singapore

Postby leighuk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Pretty much what was said above, Wikipedia also backs up this
leighuk
Grand Master Kig
Grand Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
14%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Local time: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 am
Great Britain

Postby misskiki » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 am

Thanks for all the input.

When I first read Wyu's descriptions of Anime Kao Cosplay, somehow I got the impression that it included wearing street clothing. To me that sounded like an outfit without a Zentai, which is an essential part of Kigurumi.

Since cosplay does not require zentai, I assumed that Anime Kao, was specifically cosplay, therefore different from Kigurumi. I thought that Anime Kao might be more general and include things like a person dressing in the same outfit as her Japanese Doll, and using a mask and wig, to make the similarity closer.

I also thought that Anime Kao might cover characters like Rabbit's Bridgette. A character who is definitely cosplay or mascot, but not Japanese Anime or Mange based.

Personally I think of Kigurumi as an extreme form of cosplay, because of the physical limits you impose on yourself. but not all cosplay can be considered Kigurumi. Hence the confusion.

Miss Kiki
misskiki
Tengen Toppa Kig
Tengen Toppa Kig
Progress to next rank:
45%

Cash on hand: 346.71
Bank: 57,072.70
Local time: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Canada

Postby RinRin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:06 am

That's understandable!

The way I think of it is... since "kigurumi" kind of means "covering the whole body", then anything that you wear over your whole body is kigurumi. I've heard of things like robot cosplay and super sentai(did i spell that right?) being categoried as kigurumi too.

Though... not ALL kigurumi players use zentai... so who knows XD
RinRin
Super Dollfie Kig
Super Dollfie Kig
Progress to next rank:
43%

United States of America

Postby leighuk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:36 pm

leighuk
Grand Master Kig
Grand Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
14%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Local time: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 am
Great Britain

Postby Wyu » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:44 pm

whats the blunt?
Wyu

Singapore

Next

Return to Anything goes section (START HERE)