[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Costumes
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Costumes

Welcome to my forums, please remember to comment. Your feedback and encouragements mean a lot to everyone. New members, there are some guidelines to help you in the announcements inside. Thank you~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby brandynwong » Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 am

Where do many of u get ur costumes like a website in particular or what?
brandynwong
Random avatar
Kig Member
Kig Member
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Local time: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Postby Wyu » Wed May 14, 2008 10:32 am

you can try ebay~^^
Wyu
KCS Marrionette Dreamweaver

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 am
Singapore

Postby brandynwong » Tue May 27, 2008 11:00 am

i mean, u get all these dresses and suits, r they all from ebay? cuz i've seen places like moon costumes and cosplay station, they both have great but expensive costumes
brandynwong
Random avatar
Kig Member
Kig Member
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby brandynwong » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 am

anyone else can answer my question?
brandynwong
Random avatar
Kig Member
Kig Member
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am

I'd assume that they can come from a whole variety of sites, but eBay can get you the most affordable results.

Cosplay costumes aren't cheap from what I've seen. If you really want one, you may want to save up some money, or learn how to sew. n_n
Last edited by Dan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Godlike Veteran Kig
Godlike Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby misskiki » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:51 pm

I found that having a seamstress with a sense of humor and the ability to turn an idea into a finished outfit is helpful.

Just realize, that anything bought through e-bay or from any of the stores, will be effectively straight off the rack. You get to try it on for fit, only after you have paid for it.

With a local seamstress involved, you get the chance for multiple fittings before the garment is complete. And that's where you can really look silly in the initial stages. In the case of a girl like me who just can't be fit off the rack, it's made a world of difference in my presentation and appearance.

Miss Kiki
misskiki
Tengen Toppa Kig
Tengen Toppa Kig
Progress to next rank:
45%

Cash on hand: 346.71
Bank: 57,072.70
Local time: Fri May 25, 2018 6:31 pm
Canada

Postby Wyu » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Thats not the case actually, almost all the cosplay stores on ebay does custom sizing.
So far I only came across a small number which only provides off the rack sizes~
I tried different sellers each time and found a few sellers which have very good handiwork for costumes, then there were some who were less accurate.
Keep the communication clear and continous to get the best outcome~^_^
Wyu

Singapore

Postby darkarchang3l » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 am

if u can read japanese, there are some japanese people sites that offer online ordering
darkarchang3l
Random avatar
Platinum Kig
Platinum Kig
Progress to next rank:
80%

Postby annanime » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 am

Hello!

I made my costume myself but now I just need my mask! I know it's been so long since I said that but things happened that delayed me.
annanime
Master Kig
Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
44%

Cash on hand: 1,189.15
Local time: Fri May 25, 2018 6:31 pm
United States of America

Postby Wyu » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm

hi ann, so how are things coming along.
i saw that you have set up a website~^_^
Wyu

Singapore

Return to Anything goes section (START HERE)