[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Possible group live chat solutions
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Possible group live chat solutions

Welcome to my forums, please remember to comment. Your feedback and encouragements mean a lot to everyone. New members, there are some guidelines to help you in the announcements inside. Thank you~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:30 am

Here are some ideas that I have.

Meebo is a pretty good site, which can sync with many different instant messenger clients already, and I wouldn't me mentioning it if it didn't have a webcam function, which can be accessed quite simply. I've only been able to try it once, so you may want to mess around with this a little before you decide on this one.

Webchat 2 is something that Rabbit inthe Moon uses for her Kigurumi and Fursuit live shows. It's a very good program, and allows your fans to hold their own live shows if they wish. You can also use voice communication if you want, but then again I don't think many people would be interested in that. Haven't had much of an opportunity to work with this one, but I think it might require a server. Though it's constantly active and can be linked to on a website.

Stickam is supposedly pretty good, with a large social chat room which people can talk in. Haven't messed with this either.

Hope some of these ideas help solve the problem.
Dan
Godlike Veteran Kig
Godlike Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 am

Postby Hikari Makino » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 am

I checked out the first URL that you provided and I noticed that it has compatibility with MSN which will help me seeing as I use that for chatting and messenging purposes. Of course I need to be using the family laptop for that as the main computer in the basement doesn't have the most recent version of MSN on it.

URL number two also looks very promising and I agree with the fact that not many may use voice communication as you never know what can come out of that. If I were using that then all people would hear would be video game music from all walks of life.

As for URL number three....this one doesn't feel comfortable to me right now, but then I can always view it some more and make a more reliable comment.
Bronies; I'm a Brony now; Bronies are cool. Long live Equestria!!!!
Hikari Makino
Super Dollfie Kig
Super Dollfie Kig
Progress to next rank:
43%

Cash on hand: 62.00
Bank: 3,814.60
Great Britain

Postby Wyu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 am

Wyu
KCS Marrionette Dreamweaver

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:06 am
Singapore

Postby kigurmiguru » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:46 am

This will be cute my dear :P!!
kigurmiguru
Master Kig
Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
18%

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Mexico

Postby leighuk » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:50 am

Ild say just use Rabbits chat to cam in, thats where most of us cam nowdays anyway ^^;
leighuk
Grand Master Kig
Grand Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
14%

Great Britain

Postby Wyu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 am

I ought to setup one for myself as most of those I chat with are on my msn list.
Hmm then comes the problem, once I do the chat in public, then it'll be hard to ask the users on the list to move into the chatroom as well...
Individual windows does have its advantage of privacy afterall it seems.
Getting both is another problem since the webcam can only work with one at each time...
Hmm... nevermind for now, see how everything goes then~^_^
Wyu

Singapore

Postby Hikari Makino » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 pm

A lot of things have problems that need to be overcome Wyu, yet the wait-and-see approach would be the right course of action to take. You never know what might come up in the near future what with technology constantly changing.
Bronies; I'm a Brony now; Bronies are cool. Long live Equestria!!!!
Hikari Makino
Super Dollfie Kig
Super Dollfie Kig
Progress to next rank:
43%

Cash on hand: 62.00
Bank: 3,814.60
Great Britain

Postby kigurmiguru » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Yu only do it , if you can dong ;)
kigurmiguru
Master Kig
Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
18%

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Mexico

Postby darkarchang3l » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 am

mayb this one will work as well. got a few friends using it.
darkarchang3l
Random avatar
Platinum Kig
Platinum Kig
Progress to next rank:
80%

Postby Wyu » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:47 am

wow... thank you everyone for your prompt response and suggestions.
I'll look them up when the time comes... >_<
hehe... hope that'll be soon
Wyu

Singapore

Next

Return to Anything goes section (START HERE)