[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Watch Dogs
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Watch Dogs

An open forum for the discussion of any type of game.
As well as a playing field for text RPGs and the housing of other forum games. ^_^

Postby ScottDBetson » Sat May 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Has anyone played this game yet? If so what are your first impressions on it, Do you like it? Dislike it?
I know I heard this game was awesome and bought it myself, I think it is amazing, I thought it was going to be another open world game with nothing honestly new to the table, but I was wrong. It is alot better than many other games out there that are open world. I found this game so far to have a really good skills table that show you which skills there are and which ones have been upgraded and which ones you can upgrade, etc, etc.
The Music is phenomenal, I found it to have some very fitting music in it. The Engine it is using for the physics is the Havok Engine but the rest of the game is running on the Disrupt Engine.
The Hacking in this game can be fun, you can cause distractions or make quick work of your enemies very quickly. The weapons besides hacking are quite good, from the ordinary pistol to the advanced hacking weapons and grenades, Watch Dogs makes the Splinter Cell series look like Sesame Street.

The game takes place in a futuristic Chicago, where a super computer runs the entire Citys every day electronics, (Traffic Lights, Bridge Systems, ATMs) everything is under the ctOS's Control, it is an alternate reality version of Chicago where George Orwells 1984 ideals of Big Brother is watching you is taken to a whole new level.

The player takes control of Aiden Pearce, a former thug and skilled hacker, who one day has his life change forever when his niece is killed in a drive by related traffic accident, 11 months later he seeks to find justice on his own by finding the Culprits and making them experience !@#$ on earth.

The Games main emphasis is on Information Warfare with its hacking since you can at any one time take anyone's funds from their account and access it at a later time from an ATM, If you are being chased by the police or any enemies you can use anything like the local train system or the bridges, etc, etc to your advantage to evade them. Watch Dogs knows how to make something like Information Warfare scarier than physical warfare.

Overall this game is a 9/10 it is amazing but it isn't fully flawless, the multi-player is slightly flawed in a way since online gamers that are also playing it can come into your game and either enhance it positively for you or negatively for you, it depends if you are online or not, but again they can still intrude into your game and if they do, you have to hunt them down. I think that gets annoying and difficult too. If anyone else has picked it up and played this game, what do you think about it? do you think its good? Do you think its bad? would you recommend this to a friend?

Feel free to leave feedback below
ScottDBetson
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
76%

Cash on hand: 243.36
Bank: 2,682.82
Local time: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 am
Canada

Postby mimic » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I heared its graphic preformence was reduced on purpose. For the rest I am not that intrested in this game, the hacking is too gimmicky to justify 50 bucks of my bank account.
"The creature took on the host's appearance, abilities, everything. It sucks everything dry. Can you not see that if a mimic such as this were to infiltrate a population, it could replicate almost indefinitely!"
mimic
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
16%

Cash on hand: 2,388.95
Local time: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:02 pm
Netherlands

Return to Gaming Section