[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Moving mouth kigurumi mask project
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Moving mouth kigurumi mask project

Post any form of art or projects you did here~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby Wyu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:15 am

Hehe I told you that the idea would not have issues with whatsoever lines on face or requiring a rubber mask didn't I ~^___^

Thank you~

I actually haven't figured out what to put behind the mouth yet.
Wyu
KCS Marrionette Dreamweaver

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 am
Singapore

Postby fuusen fuusen » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:52 am

I wonder if a LCD screen could do the trick...

Would be nice for the eyes ...
lambda user
fuusen fuusen
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
60%

Cash on hand: 62.48
Bank: 606.36
Local time: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 am
France

Postby Claire Rieva » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 am

Its amazing so far wyu love how its coming together for you can't wait to see another update :3
"S Nami Boh"

^w^ Kigurumi is my life <3
Claire Rieva
Duchess of Learning
Duchess of Learning

Cash on hand: 63.91
Bank: 7,690.27
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 am
United States of America

Postby KigurumiElizabeth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:44 am

Oh wow, that's really clever. Have you tried putting something like a black piece of construction paper behind to see how the color goes through the fabric? Everything might be tinted light brown. :( If it doesn't have to be purely black, you can pick some color that will additively blend correctly and it will probably look fine.

What if behind the mask you had a mechanical construct to control the lips opening and closing, then attached the fabric to the lips to avoid any visible lines? Though I don't know if that would cause scrunching when the mouth is open.
Edit: I guess the construct could be similar to what you have for the blinking eyes with something to press to open the mouth and close on release.
KigurumiElizabeth
Novice
Novice
Progress to next rank:
40%

Cash on hand: 3.91
Bank: 170.03
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am
United States of America

Postby misskiki » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:42 am

This is indeed an interesting concept WYU. Using fabric to cover the mask shell, you eliminate as you say, the problems of matching Mask to Zentai. Of course this only works if you have a combined Mask- Zentai order to fill.

Still waiting to see what can be done with that mouth. I think another blinking eye mechanism behind, to lower a black backdrop might be a possibility.

Kiki
misskiki
Tengen Toppa Kig
Tengen Toppa Kig
Progress to next rank:
45%

Cash on hand: 346.71
Bank: 57,072.70
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am
Canada

Postby DudeManrodG4 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 am

.... A voice changer would probably be impossible to find and idk if it will work well
DudeManrodG4
Progress to next rank:
30%

Cash on hand: 32.30
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 am
United States of America

Postby Wyu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:45 am

I think after seeing this prototype most of you will know what I need to build next.
That is the opening and closing mechanism behind the cloth skin.

Kiki: the colour is not an issue remember? Mask and suits are often sold separately with slight colour differences.
That never causes any issues.

Elizabeth: indeed, an opening and closing mouth will need to be attached to the cloth skin.
I haven't thought of how to do that yet.

Hmm an LCD is very interesting an idea.
Lets talk abt ideas to make the mouth move.

Anyone wish to start?

As like with he blinking eye project. We're in serious discussion.
Any suggestions without diagrams will not be considered.
Wyu

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 am
Singapore

Postby CorujaUTx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 am

A starting point:

Pretty much self explanatory. The top part of the binder must remaing fixed btw. It'd be controlled by your teeth. Like I said, it's just a starting point, doesn't seem a good idea at all, and there's a lot to be added probably.

EDIT: The mecanism was drawn wrong btw, i inverted the drawing position, but okay. You would close your mouth to open and open your mouth to close, lel. Like I said, there's improvement to be added.
CorujaUTx
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
56%

Cash on hand: 1,058.73
Bank: 150.00
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am
Brazil

Postby cici » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am

Great idea Coruja..
Simple and it may work!@!!!