[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - Moving mouth kigurumi mask project
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

Moving mouth kigurumi mask project

Post any form of art or projects you did here~^_^
Forum rules
New members, please introduce yourself in the introduction threads~^_^ New members only need to get their first 3 posts approved and further posting will not require approval. Your involvement is much appreciated, and I wish you will enjoy yourself and find the information here useful~^_^

Postby Poke » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Hmm, what about having something elastic, like a rubber band, acting as "lips"? It would be on some hook or peg at the corners of the mouth, and could be pulled open by a string attached to the bottom lip. Although the resulting mouth shape might be like a V, so perhaps it should be pulled at multiple points to create a more natural shape.

Whatever holds it in place would probably be smaller than I drew it so that the mouth would close entirely.

I would think a similar mechanism to the blinking eye could pull the string, assuming it could fit somewhere.
Poke
Silver Kig
Silver Kig
Progress to next rank:
0%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 524.52
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am
United States of America

Postby Wolf O Donnelie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 pm

hey !! well done for this idea ! ^^
Seeµ Hikari - WOD
Wolf O Donnelie
Progress to next rank:
10%

Cash on hand: 115.20
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:05 pm
France

Postby Wyu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Wow not bad, I've seeing more ideas than when I was making the winking eye mask.

Hmm using crocodile clips...
That will take up a lot of horizontal room in the mask, hmm I'm thinking of something thats very flat.

The rubber bands won't be strong enough to resist the lycra unfortunately.
Maybe something harder and more rigid might work.

hmm, but thank you for your suggestions, i'm also trying to come up with something, just haven't thought of it yet....
let's keep the brain storm coming~^____^
Wyu
KCS Marrionette Dreamweaver

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:05 am
Singapore

Postby hikarinaka » Thu May 02, 2013 5:14 am

What about the mouth: the mechanism here is same fursuiters are using:

To make a correct shape I'd use plastic bands for cabels. I't elasticity and rigidness is good. Also don't forget that the fabric is stretched well on the chin. I think that when you'll cut a hole for mouth you may face that the mouth want to be open by default, so the semi-rigid lower lip may become a must.

Also I found an interesting idea on youtube as well:

Well... my kigs had mooving eyes as well... I wonder if you'll install that system to your masks.
Just another mask maker...
My last data is on Etsy:
hikarinaka
Master Kig
Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
55%

Cash on hand: 1,506.66
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:05 pm
Russia

Postby Wyu » Thu May 02, 2013 8:30 pm

WAAAAO~!!!
I heard someone talk about a LED screen... i think the effect in the video is very very good.

Hmm, I wonder if that can be done for the mouth...

I'll drop by their Google+ hangout and see if we can help each other~

Thanks for showing us Kaze~^___^
Wyu

Cash on hand: 1,501.30
Bank: 0.00
Singapore

Postby Kawaii-Jessica » Thu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

the LED probably wont look that good for kigus
. . /\_/\
=(^ - ^ )=
. (>.... <)
Kawaii-Jessica
Great Grand Master Kig
Great Grand Master Kig
Progress to next rank:
42%

Cash on hand: 12.07
Bank: 3,698.39
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 am
United States of America

Postby bobble » Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm

The LED's look really awesome in that video, but I don't really see it working in kigurumi, unless somehow it's under the material and keeps the shape of the face.

At the moment, I really think poke's idea could work.
Life is good. :]
bobble
Adv. Senior Member
Adv. Senior Member
Progress to next rank:
70%

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 369.16
Australia

Postby SweetSushi » Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 pm

So many ideas ^__^ I def need to try the moving jaw technique with fursuit making. Last time I kinda failed hahaha :P Anyways as for a kigurumi I also think Pokes idea matches best for ur goal :3 u should consider that idea.

The huge girl in the video is very cool for an show or park but i think it will freak out ppl when they see this iplemented in a kigurmi :P hahha same for the led idea, it doesnt fit the kig idea but still an awesome technique tough ^__^
SweetSushi
Adv. Veteran Kig
Adv. Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
80%

Cash on hand: 646.08
Bank: 7,000.00
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Netherlands

Postby Claire Rieva » Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 pm

I am curious on how it'll turn out and rather excited to see success in this design for kigurumi...it'd be a major breakthrough for this community that it hopefully would bring lots of new comers to join and enjoy kigurumi.
"S Nami Boh"

^w^ Kigurumi is my life <3
Claire Rieva
Duchess of Learning
Duchess of Learning

Cash on hand: 63.91
Bank: 7,690.27
Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 am
United States of America

Postby SweetSushi » Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 pm

SweetSushi
Adv. Veteran Kig