[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4869: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
Kigurumi Cosplay Society Forums • View topic - kigurumi mask in payday: the heist?
Kigurumi Cosplay For Everyone Else

Visitor Map
Locations of visitors to this page

kigurumi mask in payday: the heist?

An open forum for the discussion of any type of game.
As well as a playing field for text RPGs and the housing of other forum games. ^_^

Postby cici » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:46 am

The funny thing about this discussion is the fact that there are so many fans that want to do these characters.. I surely doubt the parent company wants to look like the bad guy and start throwing around lawsuits with all the free advertising and marketing their fan base is giving them...

Let's faces it.. We are the small fries in this venue.. The fans and the maskers.. So as long as we do start taking monetary gains away from the parent company I don't really see there will be a threat by them in this matter...

The fact is, we are paying theses corporate giants a compliment if you think about it..

So enjoy your characters... and relax..

Live life as you meant to...
Kigurumi lives within ALL of us...
Don't worry, be happy...

cici
KCS President of the United States of America
KCS President of the United States of America

Cash on hand: 9,694.15
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 pm
United States of America

Postby Meerah » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:53 am

Japanese companies see fan art based business as a good thing from a promotional standpoint. It's the US managed companies that are going to jump in and threaten legal action for attempting to "steal" a tiny tiny slice of the pie.
Meerah
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
62%

Cash on hand: 563.77
Bank: 13,453.87
Local time: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm
Canada

Postby Jaseelia » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:10 am

I think, that anyone that runs into these rubber masks will know immediately where they got it from. People that purchase them are only trying to have fun wearing a kigurumi mask ^^

I have this feeling that one first sight, someone may say "Oh gawd, there goes one of those knock-offs". So it appears the purchaser is being put down because they made the purchase, when I am sure that is not intended.

We know the knock-off are based from another makers concepts, but are we to be quick to judge a purchased product and associate the masker as a supporter of these companies that make the rubber or fake concepts?

I am not saying anyone does it disrespectfully. But I can see how buyers would like to find something they can afford and have fun in. Like me for example, I was too poor to buy one. Then my dumb arse went and spend more money to get the materials to try to make my own. Before that, I would have bought a knock-off rubber mask, not knowing the difference.

So I guess I am asking, do we support the fun the buyers of the rubber masks for having a mask? Or do we shun or make fun of them when they are around us at a con or something? Do they know what they are buying, or are they ignorant to the business stealing another makers concepts?

I don't want to make fun of someone, that is trying to have fun, feel bad for buying a rubber kigurumi mask. But if they want to hang around at a con and run with kigurumi maskers, would the rubber maskers be allowed to run with the fiberglass maskers? Or am I making this look like a prejudice thing?

Of course, I can also look like I am coming all the way from left field with this reply? I don't know. How do fiberglass maskers act around replica maskers?
Jaseelia
Platinum Kig
Platinum Kig
Progress to next rank:
80%

Cash on hand: 1,849.54
Local time: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:44 pm
United States of America

Postby MakoChan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 am

my opinion thosde that buy even the so cheap of rubber mask is doing good they at lease trying to enjoy mask costumeing. they do allways end up getting better mask later when they can save up for it. I say never put down anyone because of the mask if anything encourage them. when they do pay for a good mask I just hope they recive it.
I bite you scream lets have fun
MakoChan
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
10%

Cash on hand: 67.33
Bank: 2,258.98
Local time: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 pm
United States of America

Postby mimic » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

"The creature took on the host's appearance, abilities, everything. It sucks everything dry. Can you not see that if a mimic such as this were to infiltrate a population, it could replicate almost indefinitely!"
mimic
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
16%

Cash on hand: 2,388.95
Local time: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 am
Netherlands

Postby yellowhound » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:51 am

The mask is in the game, I've unlocked it but not crafted it (because I just like the default mask designs so much)
yellowhound
Random avatar
Bronze Kig
Bronze Kig
Progress to next rank:
80%

Cash on hand: 307.83
Germany

Postby Cao Meiling » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:39 am

Reviving a dead thread...

I can't believe I didn't know that there are people on KigCos that play "Payday 2". Are any of you still active even after the recent update?
Cao Meiling
Progress to next rank:
70%

Cash on hand: 1,899.16
Bank: 0.00
Local time: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 pm
United States of America

Postby mimic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:54 am

I own the game, have it installed,..... And never played it. Just found this picture on the steam.
"The creature took on the host's appearance, abilities, everything. It sucks everything dry. Can you not see that if a mimic such as this were to infiltrate a population, it could replicate almost indefinitely!"
mimic
Elite Veteran Kig
Elite Veteran Kig
Progress to next rank:
16%

Cash on hand: 2,388.95
Netherlands

Previous

Return to Gaming Section